Monday, June 16, 2008

Here is to a great week.....


Good Morning!! Sorry, I wasn't able to post over the weekend....ended up being busy, busy!! I did get a chance to stamp today's card!! It is for Beate's weekend challenge! I just LOVE her challenges!! I still have yet to try her color inspiration challenges....we will see :-)
Anyway, I went for the shabby chic look! I am so going to miss this years retired colors....and the Afternoon Tea Design Papers *sigh* This is a nice easy layout. As you can probably tell I sponged everything! LOL Also, the vine on the right side of the card has been cut out! Very tedious but it really pops in real life!! The background is a cuttlebug embossing folder. This is the first time I inked up the folder and then embossed my card stock! LOVE the look!! What have I been waiting for??? LOL If you haven't tried this technique, give it a try!!
If you have any questions, just let me know! I hope everyone has a great week!! Enjoy!!
Blessings
Vickie
Recipe:
Stamps: Fresh cuts
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Confetti White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories: Wide chocolate Chip Ribbon, Jumbo pewter brads, silver brads, cutter kit, small oval punch, Script cuttlebug folder

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card, love the blue and brown and those papers together are wonderful

Marilyn said...

Love this card!! I need to try inking up the embossing folder too!! Love all the layers and the colors!!

Karen said...

Very pretty, Vickie! I love these colors, too. Miss you!

Toota-loo,
Karen

Brenda said...

Beautiful card, I love it!!

Jana O'Brien said...

What a gorgeous card, Vickie! I'm hoping they will keep Live Your Dream and the paper and just change the colors.

Anonymous said...

I love the shabby chic, vintage look you've achieved here - such a fabulous colour scheme too!